Hello, my name is Christine and I am a type 1 diabetic. I have been diabetic for 16 years, I will always be diabetic and had it under good control until about 6 months ago. Since that time I have fallen off the wagon. But each day is a new day and I am back on day. Starting over, starting clean.
I am reintroducing myself because it has been a long time since I have blogged. I am reintroducing myself like I am a part of DA (diabetics anonymous) because since Gage was born taking care of myself, managing my diabetes has been at the bottom of my list. As of today though I am pledging to get back on the wagon. Now, before some of you freak out, I have been taking insulin, I would probably be in the hospital by now if I wasn't. But I have been mainly surviving on Lantus, the long acting insulin and random shots of humalog when I felt like it. I haven't been testing, at all, like it has been 2 mo since I have tested. Today, as of 12:15, I have tested twice. Here is what getting back on the wagon means to me:
-testing multiple times daily, at least 3, maybe even more
-not relying just on Lantus, but humalog at each meal
-thinking about carbs, it has been a long time since I bothered thinking about them and taking them into account when I bolus
-remembering that not taking care of my diabetes does not mean that I am not diabetic
-calling the doctor to make an appointment for November
-getting my butt back into a good routine so he doesn't make me get a pump
Living with the Libre – 10 months on
7 years ago
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'd never found your blog before! I'm adding you. Cause I'm a baker too! :)
ReplyDelete