Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I sometimes loose my patience and sometimes just want to selfishly be first in my own life, but there is nothing in my life more important than being Claire's mom. It is my reason for taking care of myself and trying to be a better person, a good example for her and believe me she copies everything I do. I want to give her everything and I don't mean things, but I want to give her the words in her heart that will make her feel beautiful and smart. I want to give her the confidence to take risks and be totally accepting of who is she. I want to give her a heart that trusts and loves the Lord. I want to protect her from all the things of this world that want to tear her down. I want to give her every opportunity to try new things, find her way in and live life to the fullest. I want her to really know how much her Daddy and I love her, but I know that until she is a mom and has a little boy or girl of her own, she will only think she knows love. She might even think she knows how much I love her, but until the day she is a mom, she won't understand how all encompassing and how completely unconditionally I love her.
And yet, my love is a selfish love. Claire gives me more joy and happiness than I ever could have imagined. She can make me want to cuss and make me want to laugh faster than anyone. She brings more to my life than I can ever give her in return. She has taught me about trusting the Lord with my heart's desire and how to live my faith and not just saying the words.
I love you, Claire and I thank the Lord for letting me be your mom!

2 comments:

  1. I must admit that I teared up a bit when reading this post! So sweet. Only now can I understand this love since having Jones and London. Thank you and Claire for the prayers for the babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture! You're a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete

background