Tuesday, April 28, 2009

One Fifth Avenue

Who knew reading was so much fun? Okay, actually I did know that, but it hasn't taken a while to realize it is better than spacing out watching tv.

Yesterday I finished One Fifth Avenue by the lady who wrote Sex in the City. Overall I will give it 3 out of 5 starts. It was well written and easy to read and not unenjoyable, but it read like a soap opera. Plus it took 300 pages for a real story/plot to develop. I would have given it less than three, but Candice Bushnell is a good writer. One Fifth Avenue has about 7 main characters living in the same apartment building in New York, plus a dozen others, each with their own story line, but yet they are all easy to follow and intertwined. I guess I would have liked this book more if there had been a character I identified with, had truly liked or even really hated. It is what it is though and it was enjoyable so I did read all 430+ pages, but it wasn't funny or emotional, it was just a story. So I give it just an average 3 stars.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I read it recently and really enjoyed it! I truly hated Lola, so it was fun! =)

    ReplyDelete

background