They are very easy to make. I make them from a boxed cake mix, but I guess you could make them from scratch.
1 prepared cake from a box (your choice)
1 can prepared frosting
a few squares of Almond Bark
a small handful of candy coating chips
While the cake is warm, dump it in a large mixing bowl. Combine well with frosting and let it cool completely. Use an ice cream scoop to form balls. Let the balls rest over night, uncovered in the frig. Melt chocolate coating and dip balls. Melt and then drizzle with colored candy.
Combinations:
Red velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Frosting
(good dipping in vanilla or chocolate coating)
Carrot or Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Vanilla Cake and Vanilla Frosting
My Favorite, plain ol' chocolate cake with Chocolate Frosting
Cake Balls I plan on trying:
Lemon Cake (for my sister-in-law, Laura)
White Cake (dipped in vanilla with sprinkles)
Cheese Cake -not mixed with frosting, sprinkled with Graham Cracker crumbs
I think I will make the Cheese Cake this weekend.
These are "diabetic friendly" or low sugar in anyway, but hopefully one will be enough. Honestly, I have made so many lately that I am not even that tempted anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment