It was a great learning experience and I made too many mistakes to write about them all here, but I have a few pictures of my finished project and will point out the ones you can see. Over all though it was a really fun project and would make another one.
Final Project, not bad huh?
This one is where you can start to see the mistakes, first lining in upside down. Secondly, the biggest mistake I made and the most difficult to fix, I sewed the batting on this outside, instead of the inside. I layered them wrong and when I flipped the fabric it was all wrong. I had to cut off the batting and then try to get it to lay flat on the inside of the two pieces of fabric already sewed together on three sides. Like I said, I learned a lot!
The whole idea of tote bag with a rope handle was not my original idea, but I think I did pretty good without a pattern!
I really like it! I would not have even noticed anything wrong with it--can't tell at all! You need to teach me how to sew! I really want to learn.
ReplyDelete