Oh the joys of Spring Break!
I love that we didn't go anywhere for Spring Break. It wasn't boring or slow, it was perfect. Claire and I slept late, played around and just had a great time. I didn't do any scrapbooking like I wanted to, but I did a little baking.
Early in the week I attempted a sugar free Cherry Chocolate Bread pudding. Bread Pudding easy enough, right? Well mine tasted fine, but the look and texture was way off. I had a little taste and threw the rest out. Brent never even knew I made it.
Then last night, I made a Cherry Chocolate Dump cake. I guess I have been craving cherry chocolate lately. Now, I know what you are thinking and I agree, technically a dump cake can't be considered "baking." Brent asked me why I was making something neither of us needed to eat, just cuz I want to, that's why. I made the dump cake with Claire's help, but then with everything going on and trying to get Claire in bed a little bit early since she was going to have to get back into the school schedule today, Claire didn't get to have any. Then after she was in bed a while, she gets up and comes into the living room and she sees Brent and I eating cake. She didn't say it, but we could tell from the look on her face she was thinking, "Is that cake in that bowl? Is this what they always do after I go to bed?" It was like she totally lost her train of thought about whatever reason it was that she got out of bed for and was fixated on cake. But, bless her heart, she didn't say a word about the cake and just went back to bed. It was really pretty funny because the expression on her face was one we had never seen.
Living with the Libre – 10 months on
7 years ago
lol! "is that what they always do after i go to bed??" you mean mommy, LOL!
ReplyDelete