New Day, New Attitude, Old Problems.
Amazing what a difference a day makes. Today I find myself in the best mood, totally optimistic about what I can do, with or without a pump and in the mood to bake. And it feels damn good! I had a great dinner with Brent, Claire and my parents last night. My mom gave me a magazine with some diabetic recipes that I am excited to try. Brent was really encouraging and took me to have Pad Thai, even though he wanted steak.
Claire has a really bad cough and so instead of taking her to the park for photos, she is cuddled on the couch watching Disney dvds. Prefect chance for me to bake.
Diabetic Friendly Mint Chocolate Cream Puffs
Puff pastry with no sugar, filled with sugar free pudding with a little bit of peppermint extract added. Total carbs: 20g
These were really fun to make. Next time I will add more peppermint. I felt like I should be on my own Food network show, filling my pastry bag and then each puff. The only thing I think I should have done better was make the puffs closer to the same size. 6 were the same size, one was a bit big and then another was really big.
Claire saw me baking and wanted to try one. They are really messy to eat and you can tell from the photo she isn't feeling like her usual perky self.
It is only 10:30, what I am going to do with the rest of my Saturday?
No comments:
Post a Comment