Who knew? Since I have started blogging about my experience with diabetes I have also found a whole community on line of people with diabetes. My favorite so far is a chic in New York and her blog Sixuntilme.com I hope I can stand out among all the other blogs out there, but I know the real reason why the few of you who are reading this blog tune in, is because you know me and that is enough for me!
What would help? I wish, really wish that having a high glucose level made me feel like I was sick. Unfortunately, most of the time being high, over 180, even over 225, doesn't effect me at all. I don't feel itchy or thirsty, I don't even notice having to pee a lot, like most diabetics report. What would help is feeling as terrible when I am high, as when I am low. Confession: My last A1C, my 3 month average blood glucose, was 8.6. That is horrible. That is equivalent to about a bg reading of about 220. Which is why at Kerri's last week I was so excited to have a three week average of 113.
How does it feels to be low? Now, feeling low on the other hand sucks. The first symptom I always notice is being hot. I am a cold natured person, so feeling warm is so out of the norm that it is usually a sure sign. Then I start to shake -bad. The shaking starts from deep inside, like an old car idling at a stop light. And probably the worst side effect, that I really wish I could control, is that I loose any and all patience with everyone. I would consider myself to normally be a pretty patient person, heck I am a teacher. But if I fall below 65, I am crabby! Today, when I checked I was at 56 and I wasn't surprised at all. Then I get more crabby because I am trying to loose weight and have to go eat something. Today I had one of those small oranges, called cuties. Not the quickest choice to get my fix, but better than a soda.
Living with the Libre – 10 months on
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment